Summer Reading Blitz


Reading and Ruminations is hosting a fantastic read-a-thon called The Summer Reading Blitz. I haven't really participated in an online reading challenge before and feel like this is the perfect chance to get my feet wet.

The Lowdown: The challenge is to read 30 books in 30 days during the month of June. I don't think I'll list the 30 books I'm reading becuase I usually don't know what I'm going to read until I either go to the library or check my mailbox. I'll admit, the challenge does seem a little daunting but I figure if I give up sleep, eating, and cleaning I'll just make it - just kidding, I'll probably just waste less time watching TV - except for So You Think You Can Dance night that is. I'm sorta addicted. I'll keep track of the books I read in my sidebar, so be sure to check back and feel free to give me a hard time when it looks like I'm falling behind. If I make my goal, I'll give away some free schwag, so please help me keep on task!!

Since I'm getting started a few days late, here are the books I've already read this month:

1. Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork
2. Magic Lost, Trouble Found by Lisa Shearin
3. 'Tis by Frank McCourt

What about you? Care to join me in my month of books?

No comments: