BBAW Meme

Book Blogger Appreciation Week is in full swing and they have so many wonderful things going on. Today they have asked bloggers to think about how you read books. Mostly what are your habits and quirks - in five words or less.

* Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
POPCORN!! mmmmhhmm

* Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I'm sorta weird, and it's probably due to HS and college required reading: I mark in books I consider to be 'classics' and wouldn't dream of writing in anything else. I know, OCD much?

* How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
bookmark, even though it's usually something odd like a napkin, debit card or receipt

* Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
both - I feel like I need to be improving my mind from time to time

* Hard copy or audiobooks?
hard, but I like to have something to listen to in the car

* Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I am so bad at this, I HAVE to get to some sort of break/end of chapter before I can put down a book.

* If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
usually, but sometimes I'm lazy and I don't want to

* What are you currently reading?
Long Live the Queen by Ellen Emerson White

* What is the last book you bought?
Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier

* Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I try to only do one at a time, mostly cause I read too fast

* Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
during my little guy's nap time - that is my precious 'me' time

* Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
series, mostly because that means I'll have an automatic next read - I like no-brainers

* How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
by genre, then by size, then by if I've already read them or not - not very logical, I know, but it works for me

No comments: