In My Mailbox: Baby Boy edition

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. This meme is about books that you received or bought during the week.
This week I've got a very special IMM for you - almost weeks ago this little man joined our family:
Benjamin Golden
6lbs 2oz & 19.5" 

Needless to say, with a newborn around things will probably be a little quiet around this here bloggy for the next couple of weeks. I'll still be reading (of course), so I thought I'd share all the truly excellent new books that have come my way in the past two weeks.

This first stack I won from All Things Urban Fantasy's huge Paranormal Giveaway. Such a beautiful pile - some of which I've already read but some are new reads for me. Although I am especially excited about Franny Billingsley's Chime after loving The Folk Keeper a few weeks ago

And then these are the books I've bought recently. Many of which I've already devoured and loved, loved, loved. That includes the Sara Creasy's Song & Children of Scarabaeus books and Unsticky. Many thanks to Holly, Angie, and Janicu for their glowing reviews - my self-restraint is powerless in the face of such persuasive recommendations.

There you have it. The cute new baby boy and all the books that will hopefully keep me occupied in the coming weeks. Anything fun show up in your mailbox this week? 

7 comments:

Holly said...

Congrats again! He's darling.

So happy you loved Unsticky and the Scarabaeus series. I need to review those sometime... I've also since finished Manning's You Don't Have to Say You Love Me, which was excellent as well. Review coming soon *hopefully*.

Hope you get lots of reading done (and some sleep)! Sounds like the transition to being a mother of two has been smooth. :D

Chachic said...

LOL at how you included your baby boy in your IMM. Congratulations again! :) You got so many books recently, I hope you still have time to read them. I'm interested to see what you'll think of Chime and Unsticky - can't wait to get my copy of the latter.

Michelle said...

Holly - Thank you! YOU DON"T HAVE TO SAY YOU LOVE ME is next up on my wishlist. I really, really liked UNSTICKY. I'm thinking it's already time for a reread ;)

Chachic - Oh thanks! Sometimes I think I'm way funnier than other people think I am, so I'm glad it gave you a chuckle. And yes, I hope to do some reviews of UNSTICKY and CHIME - that one is still calling my name.

Melissa said...

He's adorable! Congrats!

Janicu said...

This post is happy-making. What a cutie, and yay on your books (Unsticky! Scarabaeus!)

Nomes said...

michelle ~ he is gorgeous ~ very peaceful looking (prob not always so peaceful though ;)

hope you are so enjoying these early days

your books in this post aren't bad either :D

Annette Mills said...

Congratulations! He's so beautiful. Best wishes for all of you!