In My Mailbox: September 5

As the hubby has recently pointed out, lately I've been acquiring a hefty amount books at an alarmingly speedy rate. I'm not sure why, but my shelves are filling up faster than ever and I've found myself scrambling for a good way to keep track of what I buy and when. Which inevitably led me to IMM. I figure if it works for The Story Siren (and hundreds of other bloggers) then I'd best join on in.
In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. This meme is about books that you received or bought during the week.
So this was a particularly good week for me. I was able to snag a copy of Feeling Sorry for Celia off Paperback Swap (love, love) and picked up Spindle's End and Milkweed at the used store for way cheap. Although the highlight of my week was, hands down, the arrival of the much anticipated Jane by April Lindner. It's a modern retelling of Jane Eyre complete with a rock-star Rochester and seeing as I am an utter Jane Eyre fan-girl, you can imagine my delight at having it arrive all shiny and new on my doorstep. And this hasn't happened in months, but I actually didn't manage to make it to the library (my home away from home) this week - mostly due to the awful flu that hit our house this week.


for review:
Jane by April Lindner
Jumbee by Pamela Keyes

purchased:
Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli
Spindle's End by Robin McKinley
Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty

So, what did you get in your mailbox?

5 comments:

Nomes said...

yay for feeling sorry for celia. and i want to read the lighter side of life and death by c k kelly martin. i loved i know it's over :)

also, hope everyones well again :)

Chachic said...

Are you still sick? I hope you're feeling better! Yay for your first IMM. :) I remember your comment over at my blog about wanting to do this so we can compare the books that we got. I only got one book this week (Honey, Baby, Sweetheart) so I decided not to do an IMM post. But guess what? I'm currently reading Feeling Sorry for Celia!

April (BooksandWine) said...

I have Feeling Sorry For Cecelia, but have not yet read it (got it at a library book sale!).

Also, omfg yay Robin McKinley, she's one of my favorites. Oh and and and I was excited when I got Jane too, how awesome is that, a re-take on Jane Eyre without crap like zombies or vampires.

Michelle said...

Nomes - After reading CELIA, I just knew I needed my own copy! And I haven't read anything by CK Kelly Martin yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Chachic - Thanks for the well-wishes - we are much recovered. I'm happy to hear you got CELIA. How did you like THE YEAR OF SECRET ASSIGNMENTS?

April - Oh you must give CELIA a go. Such funny and wonderful writing!! You'll love it. And isn't JANE fabulous. I am in deep love already.

Aisle B said...

Most of the books are new to me with the exception of Milkweed.

Will look the others up on Goodreads to see the synopsis.

Great stash and nice variation.

Enjoy the reads :)