BBAW: First Treasure

It's that time of year again folks! Today marks the starting line for this years Book Blogger Appreciation Week so adjust your party hats and let the festivities begin! The good folks hosting the week-long extravaganza have prepared an incredible schedule and to kick things off right, today is called First Treasure:
We invite you to share with us about a great new book blog you’ve discovered since BBAW last year!  If you are new to BBAW or book blogging, share with us the very first book blog you discovered.  Tell us why this blog rocks your socks off and why you keep going back for more.
I've happened to come across a few really great blogs this year, but both of my two favorites are blogs that are fairly recent discoveries for me.

Inkcrush - I first happened upon Inkcrush and the wonderful Nomes who runs it after my red letter discovery of the fabulous Jaclyn Moriarty books (Nomes loves her too!). She's an Australian blogger with many fabulous recommendations and always keeps me up to date with the latest in Aussie YA lit news. Plus I love her entire page dedicated to Australian authors complete with highlighted favorites - I so want to read almost every single starred book on that page.

YA Highway - Even though I'm not an aspiring YA author, I still love to drop in at the fantastic YA Highway. It's run by a group of actual authors(!) so you know these ladies know what they're talking about y'all. I'm a sucker for their how-to writing posts but I truly get excited for the Road Trip Friday feature which pulls interesting tidbits from all over the YA interwebs. I can always count on those posts for interesting links and lol funny content.

So, these are my new favorite blogging stops - what new-to-you blogs are you currently crushing on?

7 comments:

Amy said...

I hadn't heard of either of those, so great that you profiled them! Happy BBAW :D

Chachic said...

Ooooh more blogs to check out! Inkcrush sounds great. I'm more curious about Australian authors nowadays because of Juliet Marillier, Jaclyn Moriarty and Melina Marchetta. :)

Kate Hart said...

So glad you like the Friday feature! Thanks for the mention! :)

Lydia said...

I haven't heard of either of these. I'll have to check them out!

Michelle said...

Amy - Oh I'm sure you'll find much of interest in both sites. Enjoy!

Chachic - I think you'd enjoy Inkcrush especially. Nomes always makes the best recommendations - and I keep discovering more and more Aussie authors I want to read.

Kate - Yep. Road Trip Friday is a must-read post in my book! Glad you could stop by.

Lydia - Do! Both have wonderful content but are very different.

Nomes said...

Whoah!

Oooh - thanks - I feel sheepishly honoured :)

I'm glad you love Jaclyn Moriarty too - and I should update my Aussie YA page - I wasn't even sure anyone reads it :)

Thanks so much for choosing me - I feel underserving and pleased all at once.

and yay for jaclyn Moriarty!

Michelle said...

Nomes - Well, you know it's cause I love all the books you recommend right? :) And yes, I love your Aussie YA page, keep the list goodness coming!!