Six Years Later

This past week has been somewhat busy - craziness about what you'd expect from the week before Easter - but for some reason it was a little more frantic than usual. Amid all this craziness, the Hubby and I were set to celebrate our sixth anniversary on Friday but for a couple of reasons, we still haven't gotten around to celebrating yet. But that's not to say he forgot. Nope, not my guy. On Friday morning, when I stumbled into the kitchen several hours after the he had already left (sometime before 5am - yikes!), I found these pretties - and a sweet note - waiting for me:
Ellen Emerson White - The President's Daughter series

I first came across these perfect books this past summer and have been sighing longingly over my own set ever since (the precious! we wants the precious!). And now I have them (the precious! we loves the precious!).

Six years later and the Hubby still knows exactly how to make me giddy. Yup. He's a keeper.

10 comments:

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

I need to read these books! Or just buy them to own a copy of those lovely famous painting covers...

Chachic said...

Happy Anniversary! :) A husband who gives you books? He does sound like a keeper! I'm real curious about those books.

Michelle said...

Holly - I can't believe it! If I still lived in UT I'd drive over to your house like RIGHT NOW and put these babies in your hands to be read!! Please, please don't delay any more - you will love Meg.

Chachic - thanks hon! and *gasp* you haven't heard of this series? It is a must read, anything by this author really but especially these and THE ROAD HOME - all fabulous.

Chachic said...

I've heard of them from Angie (from Angieville) but as always, availability is a problem over here. :( I hope Book Depository includes the Philippines in its list of countries soon! I will take note of this series and grab the books if I see them here.

Angiegirl said...

So. Awesome. Hubby FTW!!

Medical Librarian said...

I hadn't heard of the books before, so thanks for the posting.

And what a perfect anniversary present. Should we ask what you found for him?

Michelle said...

Chachic - That's a bummer about the book depository - they should deliver to the Philippines!

Angie - I think so too ;)

Medical Librarian - They are just one of those best kept secret books - although they really shouldn't be a secret because they are just awesome.

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary! How sweet of your hubby to gift you a collection of precious books. :)

lizejane said...

Can't wait to tell Bernice - she's always thought the guy was perfect, now she'll shout his praises even louder!